Isn’t it frustrating with all the different dimensions of social media images these days?
You think you have it and then they all change again…
Today you are going to learn with this FREE guide about every dimension you need to know regarding Facebook images and videos which will save you a ton of time next time you create an image for Facebook.
So what are the dimensions of photos on Facebook?
The excellent graphics from John Loomer, Makeawebsitehub, MainStreetHost, Spredfast, SocialMediaWeek summarize the exact dimensions of the photos and images on the profiles and Facebook pages including the size of the cover photo, size of the profile photo, size of the photos, videos and links shared on the wall.
Optimising the size of images on Facebook isn’t just aesthetic purposes, let’s see why:
Indeed, a Facebook page optimised with professional rendering converts more users into fans, when they make their decision to subscribe to your page.
The photos you publish, depending on whether or not they meet the recommended dimensions for optimal viewing in the Facebook news feed, have a direct impact on the number of likes, comments and Shares that the post receives.
On Facebook, the commitment rate is the key to getting a greater “reach” for your publications so to get more visibility from your subscribers and potentially benefit from viral effects.
Knowing the optimal sizes on Facebook will allow you to return a more professional image thanks to more engaging posts that will, in turn, generate more visibility.
Here are the dimensions of images on Facebook:
– Size of the cover photo of a Facebook page: 828 x 315 pixels to avoid any deformation (jpg or png)
– Cover photo size of a Facebook event: 784 x 295 pixels
– Size of a Facebook profile photo: at least 180 x 180 pixels (the picture will be displayed in 160 x 160 pixels)
– Size of the miniature profile photo in the News Feed: 32 x 32 pixels
– Miniature page profile photo size in the News Feed: 32 x 32 pixels
– Size of the icons of the tabs dedicated to the applications in the Facebook pages: 111 x 74 pixels
– The ideal size of a photo uploaded as a post photo: 1200 x 630 pixels
– Size of photos in a publication when displayed in the News Feed: 470 pixels wide maximum
– Size of photos in a publication when displayed on a page: 504 pixels wide
– The ideal size of a “link image” shared as an article link in the News Feed: 1200 x 627 pixels for an optimal view
– Size of rectangular photos of a “link image” when displayed in the News Feed: 470 x 246 pixels
– Size of rectangular photos of a “link image” when displayed on a page: 484 x 252 pixels
– Size of square pictures of a “link image” when displayed in the News Feed: minimum 154 x 154 pixels
– Size of square pictures of a “link image” when displayed on a page: minimum 154 x 154 pixels
– Ideal size of a downloaded photo in order to be “highlighted” on your Facebook page: 1200 x 630 pixels
– Size of a photo “Highlight” on your company page when displayed on the page: 843 x 504 pixels
– Size of a native Facebook video in the News Feed: 1280 x 720 pixels
– Size of the Youtube video thumbnail in the News Feed: 157 x 157 pixels
If you want to see how these are positioned and displayed more visually check out the images below: